Purpose
Well well, today's CG was pretty exciting. We got to surveyed people. I guess, NYCA3 pretty happening. Haha. Always alot of INTERESTING activities to do. But, let me just share about what we did.
Today, we did a survey on "Purpose" as this is a subject/topic we are looking into now. So, we went out to the public today to survey people regarding purpose. So, the 2 questions were:
1. When you see the word "purpose", what comes to your mind?
2. What is your purpose in life?
Yup, those were the 2 questions and we went about asking people, stopping anyone we feel we could ask. And, they were people of different age groups and occupations. So, we spent around half an hour going around asking. And finally, we returned back to collate and share our findings. Guess what? We were pretty shocked about the results.
For me, I started to feel sad and burdened for the people as I realised that the main purpose of most Singaporeans we surveyed were for money. The motivation people are having is money. I know we are living in a country of high living standards, but, money as a purpose? I don't mean to judge or whatsoever, but, I believe that there are greater purposes in life rather than just money. Even simply like living life to the fullest would be like so much greater, at least to me.
But, all these surveys got myself thinking. How about myself? What's purpose to me and what's my purpose? Well, to really think about it, purpose to me is the goal of my life. What I wish to achieve before Jesus' returns. As for my purpose, well, for now is to become the kind of teacher God has made me to be so that I could fulfill the Great Commission through the things I'm doing. Personally, after GC, I'm considering of going church planting while teaching overseas. But, let's pray more about it.
Before I end off, a verse came to my mind. Jeremiah 29:11,
God has a plan and purpose in creating us and placing us here on earth, in the specific country, area, workplace, etc. we are in. Are we going to live up His plans, His purpose for us? Are we willing to take this step of faith and say, "Yes God, I want to. Use me." I want to be such a person who dedicate my life fully to God. I don't want to be pulled down, I want to stand firm, like a seed on good soil.
So, as a believer or non believer, what's your purpose in life today?
Today, we did a survey on "Purpose" as this is a subject/topic we are looking into now. So, we went out to the public today to survey people regarding purpose. So, the 2 questions were:
2. What is your purpose in life?
Yup, those were the 2 questions and we went about asking people, stopping anyone we feel we could ask. And, they were people of different age groups and occupations. So, we spent around half an hour going around asking. And finally, we returned back to collate and share our findings. Guess what? We were pretty shocked about the results.
For me, I started to feel sad and burdened for the people as I realised that the main purpose of most Singaporeans we surveyed were for money. The motivation people are having is money. I know we are living in a country of high living standards, but, money as a purpose? I don't mean to judge or whatsoever, but, I believe that there are greater purposes in life rather than just money. Even simply like living life to the fullest would be like so much greater, at least to me.
But, all these surveys got myself thinking. How about myself? What's purpose to me and what's my purpose? Well, to really think about it, purpose to me is the goal of my life. What I wish to achieve before Jesus' returns. As for my purpose, well, for now is to become the kind of teacher God has made me to be so that I could fulfill the Great Commission through the things I'm doing. Personally, after GC, I'm considering of going church planting while teaching overseas. But, let's pray more about it.
Before I end off, a verse came to my mind. Jeremiah 29:11,
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
God has a plan and purpose in creating us and placing us here on earth, in the specific country, area, workplace, etc. we are in. Are we going to live up His plans, His purpose for us? Are we willing to take this step of faith and say, "Yes God, I want to. Use me." I want to be such a person who dedicate my life fully to God. I don't want to be pulled down, I want to stand firm, like a seed on good soil.
So, as a believer or non believer, what's your purpose in life today?
Labels: CG, Reflection

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home