The First Week
Hello people! I'm back for a short update.
Well well, I just ended the first week. Honestly, as drained as I am, I believe I'm still joyful. Yes, tiredness set in, devil may take the chance to tempt and all. But I thank God that I start the day off with Him each day. It's really not easy. Because, I could either sleep a little more and get away from my daily devotion with Him in the morning or come to school a little earlier and in the presence of the quietness come to praise and worship and journal with Him. What I have chosen is quite clear.
But still, sometimes, the devil tends to be able to tempt me with all the worldly stuff. Things like, "Hey, that traniee is better than you, I think your chances for cross-over is gone case already." "Hey, your ideas and resources, keep to yourself. No need to share." "I think your work mates don't like you. So even though you do smile at them, they can't be bothered with you." "Gracia, you are a failure, what are you doing here?" etc. Seriously, these thoughts do come to mind. It is really hard at times to push away these thought. I mean, it's so negative that sometimes you do believe in them.
Today, when I was writing my journal, I was reminded that God provides me with my security. Who shall go against me? Yes, I may not be as good, but I could put down my pride and learn from others. Yes, my chances of cross-over may be slim, but, what's my purpose of cross-over? Honour His name or for me to get that piece of paper? Sometimes, I have to be really clear about all these things.
On Sat, God reminded me with 2 Corinthians 5:7-10, it says,
Yes, I live by faith and not by sight. I am confident and would prefer to be with the Lord at home. But, now, I'm on earth to do His duties, to fulfil His commandment. So instead of doing it half-heartedly without joy, I want to be whole-heartedly and do it with joy to please my Lord. So that when the day Jesus returns, I can tell Him, "I have honour your name to my best. I want to go home with you."
Somehow I feel like crying now again. Because, God is good. He's always reminding me I'm not a failure. I am somebody. I am the child of God. No matter how the world view me or how others say about me or whatsoever, I am secured in the Lord. But first, I really need to learn to be secured in the Lord.
Today, my securities will come from my God, my Lord. =) I'm proud to be a child of God. =) PTL! =)
Well well, I just ended the first week. Honestly, as drained as I am, I believe I'm still joyful. Yes, tiredness set in, devil may take the chance to tempt and all. But I thank God that I start the day off with Him each day. It's really not easy. Because, I could either sleep a little more and get away from my daily devotion with Him in the morning or come to school a little earlier and in the presence of the quietness come to praise and worship and journal with Him. What I have chosen is quite clear.
But still, sometimes, the devil tends to be able to tempt me with all the worldly stuff. Things like, "Hey, that traniee is better than you, I think your chances for cross-over is gone case already." "Hey, your ideas and resources, keep to yourself. No need to share." "I think your work mates don't like you. So even though you do smile at them, they can't be bothered with you." "Gracia, you are a failure, what are you doing here?" etc. Seriously, these thoughts do come to mind. It is really hard at times to push away these thought. I mean, it's so negative that sometimes you do believe in them.
Today, when I was writing my journal, I was reminded that God provides me with my security. Who shall go against me? Yes, I may not be as good, but I could put down my pride and learn from others. Yes, my chances of cross-over may be slim, but, what's my purpose of cross-over? Honour His name or for me to get that piece of paper? Sometimes, I have to be really clear about all these things.
On Sat, God reminded me with 2 Corinthians 5:7-10, it says,
We live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
Yes, I live by faith and not by sight. I am confident and would prefer to be with the Lord at home. But, now, I'm on earth to do His duties, to fulfil His commandment. So instead of doing it half-heartedly without joy, I want to be whole-heartedly and do it with joy to please my Lord. So that when the day Jesus returns, I can tell Him, "I have honour your name to my best. I want to go home with you."
Somehow I feel like crying now again. Because, God is good. He's always reminding me I'm not a failure. I am somebody. I am the child of God. No matter how the world view me or how others say about me or whatsoever, I am secured in the Lord. But first, I really need to learn to be secured in the Lord.
Today, my securities will come from my God, my Lord. =) I'm proud to be a child of God. =) PTL! =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home